In September we were part of the following events.
- Helping our support group member Colin Maxwell, who once again organised the annual Christian Motorcyclist Association's Prostate Cancer Awareness Ride
- We had a stand on each of the 3 days of the 2011 Henty Machinery Field Days
- We ran a BBQ and offered information presentations at the Bunnings Albury store
The main event in October is the annual RELAY FOR LIFE which is on the weekend of Saturday 29th October at Bunton Park in North Albury.
One of our support group members, Kevin Hill and his family are organising a group entry for the Albury Wodonga Prostate Cancer Support Group at the relay for life again this year.
It would be fantastic if all our group members and family and friends could come along and take part in the relay to join in this worthwhile community event.
We need your support for the following relay for life activities.
- Participate in the opening cancer survivor's and carer's walk - which is the opening lap of the relay. Commencing at 9am on Saturday 29th at Bunton Park. Cancer survivors and their carers can register on the day for $20 and receive a sash and a T shirt to wear on the walk which is one lap of the football oval. Following the walk, survivors and carers are provided with a special morning tea in the Bunton Park function rooms.
- Volunteer walkers are needed to keep the relay running. Its a 24 hr event, so the more supporters we can get along to help keep the walk going the better it will be for all of us.
- There will be tents and stretchers for anyone who wants to "Stay the distance" and walk in the later part of Saturday night and early hours of Sunday morning
- And we will organise a BBQ tea on Saturday evening, before taking part in the very moving experience of the candlelight vigil ceremony at sunset.
Please contact Glenn Rose ( Email email@example.com or mobile 0417275446)... if you are able to join in the relay this year, and advise if you are:
- Planning to attend the opening survivor's and carer's walk
- If you can help share the walking duties and what times you are available. Kevin Hill will develop a roster of walkers from this information
- Would you like to join us for a BBQ tea and then participate in the candle light ceremony
A couple of other things are coming up a bit further out - but something for your diaries please.
- Wodonga City Council are organising a Luncheon with Guest Speaker Tim Matthieson on Tuesday 22nd November. Proceeds to go to the PCFA.
- Our support group's end of year function on the evening of the second Tuesday in December.
Stay tuned for details on these functions.