The new year has begun and there are plenty of things already happening.
Our monthly meetings are scheduled for the first Tuesday of the month and occur at the Albury Commercial Club at 7pm. All are welcome to come along beforehand and join us for a meal from the club's Reflections Cafe.
For your diary;
- 11th February
- 10th March (day after Easter Monday holiday)
- 14th April
- 12th May
- 9th June (day after the Queens's Birthday long weekend)
- 14th July (Bastille Day)
- 11th August
- 8th September
- 13th October
- 19th November
- 8th December (End of year meeting at venue TBA)
In addition to these monthly meeting dates we also have some
- 19th September Bunnings BBQ (date not yet confirmed but we have done this in the 3rd Saturday in Sept traditionally)
- 22-24th September Henty Machinery Field Days
- 17 and 18th October Blue Tie Ball weekend
In 2019 we raised $7200 from our Blue Tie Ball and dance weekend. This amount is now in the Anne Williamson Scholarship Fund which aims to support local area Albury-Wodonga nurses who want to study a course in Prostate Nursing Care at Latrobe University. The course enrolment costs approximately $3200 per student, and the scholarship fund provides 95% of this amount.
Also in November the Pub2Pub fun run took place, and the proceeds came to Albury Wodonga Prostate Cancer Support Group. This was the second year the Pub2Pub event made AWPCSG the beneficiary of the money raised.
On the first occasion Pub2Pub proceeds were matched by AWPCSG to purchase a bladder scanner machine for the Albury Wodonga Regional Cancer Centre.
We are now looking at doing something similar again and provide funds for one of the following
- equipment purchase for the Cancer Centre, or
- research funding support, or
- wellness centre support
This will be the first item of business at our February meeting. Any other suggestions would be very welcome.